Whenever something big happens, there will be more up roaring with the crowd and less careful thinking
Whenever there is a crisis, there are more people focus on risks rather than opportunities
A crisis will make us truly feel the end of an era and the beginning of another era
Project management development in the era of drastic change
In order to maximize the use of disruptive technologies, project professionals must embrace artificial intelligence and other “game-changing” tools to empower the future.
Facts have proved that it is not enough for project professionals to control the triple constraints of time, scope, and cost. According to this year’s Pulse of the Profession, an average of 11.4% of global investment is wasted due to poor project performance. Organizations that underestimate the strategic role of project management in driving change have, on average, more than 67% of their projects fail.
So how to improve the management of the project? According to the data of Pulse of the Profession, most organizations attach almost the same importance to leadership development as technical project management skills. In the changing era, it is imperative to improve project management ability.
Ability improvement of Project Manager = PMP + ACP
Bimodal management can realize a series of flexible methods in value delivery, such as predictive, iterative, incremental, agile, and hybrid.
1. Facing the environment: PMP resource environment is relatively certain + ACP innovative and rapidly changing environment
2. How to implement: What does PMP do (ten areas of knowledge) + how to do ACP (methodology)
81% of companies in mainland China currently adopt agile project management
This figure is worthy of the attention of the majority of practitioners: it shows that the rapid
development of agile, and get more and more applications.
Let’s take a look at the scope of agile use:
The proportion of domestic software companies using agile management methods:
Used in all projects: 5.48%;
Used in most projects: 28.87%;
Used in half of the projects: 12.79%;
Used in a small number of projects: 31.18%;
Not used: 21.68%.
What is PMP?
PMP refers to professionals in project management.
1. Learning content: Ten knowledge areas and five processes
2. Task object: Project Management
3. Working mode: relatively stable and predictable knowledge system support
4. Development mode: traditional waterfall R & D, emphasizing planning and locking product demand
5. Applicable environment: under the condition of relatively definite resources and environment, one thing can be done perfectly by planning at one time
What is ACP?
ACP refers to agile practitioners.
1. Learning content: method practice in accordance with agile principles and values
2. Task object: systematic process from concept to practice
3. Working mode: dynamic practice
4. Development mode: wave planning and iterative incremental delivery, innovative and experimental process, with flexibility
5. Applicable environment: in the case of uncertain requirements, many changes, or fast release cycle
PMP+ACP—full-stack project management thinking, helps project delivery success rate and enhances the career development of project management practitioners. Agile project management, as one of the project delivery methods in the current VUCA era, contributes to the successful delivery of projects.
What Agile brings us are higher corporate profits, shorter product listing cycles, higher customer recognition, correct products, higher quality, employee happiness, transparency, and happy work.
These Chinese companies are already on the way
◆WeChat Ma Huateng: Innovation should be the coordinated application of five aspects: grasping user value, agile development, innovation mechanism, talent training, and organizational culture.
◆Zhang Xiaolong: At that time, the team used a method called agile project management, and achieved a very agile project promotion method.
◆Xiaomi Lei Jun: Xiaomi adopts an agile development model, so it can complete development in a short time and achieve rapid iteration.
◆Qihoo 360: 360 University accelerates agile transformation and helps business success.
◆Banks: Nowadays, “agile” is more and more appearing in the annual key work of major banks. Bank executives’ emphasis on agility has accelerated the overall transformation.
◆Automotive: How to build a strong software business team has become a tough problem for almost all car companies and parts companies to review and analyze. Ten years ago, a car contained only about 10 million lines of software code. Today, a car has about 100 million lines of software code. In the future, the amount of software code for autonomous vehicles will reach 300 to 500 million lines.