1 What is Agile?
1. Agile is derived from ideas, practices, and frameworks in the field of software development
2. Agile is a development method that takes human as the core, iterative, and gradual development method, which leads product development to a fast-tracking route
3. Agile is to better meet the needs of customers, with a short delivery cycle, creating higher value, embracing change, and not being driven by fixed values
1.As for Agile, it is generally accepted in the industry
“Agile is a mindset: defined by values, guided by principles, maintained through many different practices.”
—— Ahmed Sidky. co-author of Becoming Agile in an Imperfect World.
2.Business perspective, two goals of Agile
1. Be able to deliver more valuable software to customers earlier.
2. Be able to better respond to changes in demand.
2 The difference between agile development method and project development method
The project has a unique product and service development target and the start and end of the development time. “Agile development method" is to divide an independent product service development task that should be developed by a project team into several relevant or irrelevant development tasks in a predetermined short period of time, and parallel or iterate Development.
3 The difference between agile project management and waterfall project management
The biggest difference: As for Agile, delivery and feedback are the focus, completion is important, but it may not be the most important.
Disadvantages: Many people may think that Agile is fast, but on the contrary, agile project management may make the project take longer.
4 How to make the team resist small when the traditional development team turns to agile
From the product level first, why do you want to use Agile? Who is the most influential, who are the supporters and opponents, and what are their demands? If you understand this, you will know whose support and opposition you can get. If you encounter difficulties when doing it, you can know who can support you. You can also evaluate whether the transformation can go on with these support and opposition.
Secondly, we must figure out what benefits and disadvantages this matter has for the team and team members, because team members will only accept this new development model after they know the benefits and disadvantages for them.
The other thing is to figure out whether there is a need to solve the problem of whether members are conflicted. It is not the same that top-down and bottom-up make the new development mode work.
5 Criteria for selecting agile pilot teams
1. Willing to change (especially top management)
2. Cross functional and organizational projects
3. Team number 5-9 (except Po and SM)
4. There are so many changes in the item that the waterfall can't cope with
5. Agile team work together
6. Staff quality (s c r u m values)
7. There is Agile coach
8. The team is willing to accept new things
9. If there are problems to be solved, we should be able to see the effect
10. Moderate team pressure
11. The period of the project is preferably 6 months
12. The item should be relatively unique
13. The feasibility and importance of pilot projects
14. Short lead time and frequent delivery
15. The stability of the staff
16. The maintenance of software architecture
6 "Ten Principles" of Agile item management
On the way of Agile project management, we need to practice and think. Through the "improvement experiment" of management method, we can change many inefficient practices in traditional item management, iteration, improvement, and summarize the "Ten Principles" of Agile item management.
7 How traditional enterprises spread Agile
For traditional enterprises to promote Agile, the most important thing is to build consensus. The consensus between enterprise leaders and department leaders, superiors and subordinates, product teams and R & D teams can not mention Agile, but focus on the existing problems and the value and vision of enterprises, teams and individuals.
This is a process of mutual channel adjustment. Only in the same channel, can we make it unique according to the characteristics of the enterprise. We can choose the successful mode of agile and other enterprises, and create an agile mode that is in line with the business and business of the enterprise.
For the goal of quickly reaching consensus, collective participation in Agile-related training is a quick way. At the same time, a knowledge sharing mechanism is established in daily routines, so that communication between enterprise teams can be at the same starting point and level, quickly reach consensus, and respond quickly, reasonably and accurately to changing business needs.
8 Measures that agile project managers need to consider
● Simplify the process
● Investment automation
● Ensure leadership participation
● Suggest improvement goals
● Make organization culture and performance management more in line with agile concepts
In today's business environment, non-agile ways of working are no longer an enterprise's choice. Agile is not for fashion, not for keeping up with the "newest and greatest" trends. Implementing Agile is a fundamental action that survives. Without Agile, it is difficult to implement any other strategic initiatives, such as digital transformation.
It is hoped that our summary and reflection can provide valuable reference and guidance to the project managers who are implementing or will implement agile, so that they can realize Agile project development earlier.