Updated: Feb 19
A full-stack engineer is a person who can master a variety of skills and complete the product independently with a variety of skills. Full-stack engineers are also known as full-end Engineers (with both front-end and back-end capabilities). At present, the concept of a full-stack engineer is very popular, and Python is a full-stack development language. So if you can learn Python well, you can be competent in front-end, back-end, testing, big data analysis, etc.
Skills for a full-stack engineer
As a full-stack developer, you need to master the skills required by front-end development and background development. There are many engineers who can complete the whole product or project independently. Besides learning the python programming, they also need to learn web technology and data mining. What skills and knowledge do Python full-stack engineers need to master?
1. Basic Python knowledge: This is what network engineers must learn, and engineers need to master the basic python usage.
3. Python technology: Network engineers should master various basic HTTP protocols and python skills.
4. Automatic operation and maintenance: Automatic operation and maintenance is the technology that every programmer should learn. Learning the technology of automatic operation and maintenance, monitoring, configuration, and deployment of Linux.
5. Learning data mining and machine learning, master data processing, image processing, learning algorithms by using Python-rich library.
Responsibilities for Python full stack developers
1. Verification algorithm: It is the common design algorithm or formula verification of various companies.
2. Rapid development: It is used to develop a website with a mature framework and little code. Python has a lot of mature frameworks at the front and back of the website. Such as foreign: bottle, flask.
3. Test operation and maintenance: Python can write a lot of scripts. The things that need to be mastered in operation and maintenance include monitoring, deployment, network configuration, log analysis, security detection, etc. Python also has many server management tools, such as configuration management, batch execution, monitoring, virtualization management, and so on.
4. Data analysis: Py has three tools NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib. Among them, NumPy is implemented in the C language at the bottom, and the speed is very fast. In all kinds of mathematical modeling contests, it can completely replace R language and MATLAB.
Qualifications for Python full stack developers
1. Experience in developing data processing software in Python
2. Be proficient in Python and master the third-party Python Library of NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, pandas.
3. Be familiar with at least one kind of SQL database in (MySQL, Oracle, SQL server)
4. Have the ability to analyze and solve problems
5. Love programming
Network engineers are network technicians who master the theoretical knowledge and operational skills of network technology through learning and training. Network engineers can engage in the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of computer information systems. Network engineers refer to engineers based on both hardware and software. Hardware network engineers are responsible for the maintenance and communication of physical equipment such as network hardware; software network engineers are responsible for the maintenance and application of system software and application software.
Application of Python for network engineers
Imagine that you, as a network engineer, receive a request like this: the company’s network security department reminds you that the existing IOS versions of 5000 Cisco switches have many security vulnerabilities and need to upgrade their IOS versions as soon as possible. If you still use the traditional method to complete it manually one by one, for you, it is not only repetitive, monotonous, and time-consuming work, but also the risk of being eliminated sooner or later. We can guess what Python is helpful for a network engineer.
First of all, why choose Python as a tool to configure network devices? I think it is because of the characteristics of Python itself-compared to other languages, Python is simple, easy to understand, and concise. When configuring network equipment, there is no need for complicated algorithms or languages. As long as you plan and write scripts reasonably, you can achieve your goals and improve work efficiency.
Take the network model in the figure below as an example, suppose a company needs to configure the following intranet environment.
A company has five or more departments, and each department is assigned a router. There are various groups below the department. The intranets between the groups are separated in the form of VLANs, and the entire intranet needs to be reachable in the end. And some special groups cannot access the Internet. If you manually assign addresses one by one, five routers and five switches may not have a lot of work, but if there are more, obviously the manual configuration is less efficient. At this time, we can use Python to write configuration scripts assign addresses to router interfaces and gateways, and automate the configuration of VLANs on switches to improve work efficiency. Our purpose is to improve work efficiency, so the address planning must be reasonable so that the written script can normally circulate and assign addresses normally.
When doing some repetitive and monotonous configuration work, using Python to write a script for automatic allocation can greatly improve work efficiency.